VENDING AT THE CAPITAL BBQ FESTIVAL
The 5th Annual Capital BBQ Competition is being held at Clarke Fields in Barrhaven on May 22, 23, 24, 2020. 10,000 visitors are projected to attend and enjoy demos, bands, beverage patio, food trucks and BBQ Vendors!
You are required to be set up by 9:45 am on both Saturday and Sunday. Tear down is at 4 pm. Friday night is optional at no extra charge.
This is an outdoor event that happens rain or shine so you will need a tent. The site can be windy, be prepared to weigh your tents down. Tables and chairs are not supplied.
The fee for the weekend is $100 plus HST. This includes your 3 day Itinerant License, required by the City of Ottawa.
Shared 120v 15A service is available for $25.
All payments are non-refundable.
- UPON ARRIVAL
Upon arriving at the event, all vendors agree to unload all necessary equipment in an efficient manner. After unloading your vehicle, please remove your vehicle before setting up your booth
LOAD IN / LOAD OUT
Setup is between 7 am and 9:45 am on Saturday morning. Tear down is after 6 pm on Sunday. You may leave your tent, tables and chairs overnight. Please take your products/brochures home with you as the Festival will not be responsible for damage or loss. If you would like to be set up for Friday night, please be ready for 4 pm. We will be on site all afternoon. There will be overhead lighting after dark
The vendor is responsible for proper disposal of all waste.
Shared, limited power is available for an additional $25. This is intended to be used for lights, chargers and similar low power utilities. No appliances or induction cookers.
Each vendor receives a 10 x 10 foot space.
Each vendor provides:
- Appropriate tenting secured to the ground by sand bags, weights or pegs. A tent is not mandatory but since we are an outdoor festival it is highly recommended.
- Tables, chairs, tablecloths, signage
- Capital BBQ Festival is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged equipment.
Capital BBQ Festival, staff and volunteers shall not be responsible for injury, loss, expense or damage to persons, goods equipment or decorations caused by accident or any other cause, either directly or indirectly during load in and load out, preparations or during the duration of the event.
There will be a separate parking area for volunteers and vendors.
- All vendors must abide by all the local health, safety and fire regulations.
- Vendors may not share their Vendor space, without written consent of Capital BBQ Festival.
- The posted load in, set up and load out times must be adhered to.
- Vendor booths must be fully operational throughout all posted hours.
- All vendors agree to give their full cooperation to festival staff with regards to booth placement, festival policies, rules and regulations and all terms of this contract. There is a zero-tolerance policy for any Vendor who disrupts the event with negligent, uncooperative, harassing or violent behaviour. If behaviour is deemed as unacceptable by festival staff, security or the Ottawa Police department, the Vendor will be removed from the event without refund.
- Vehicles will not be allowed in during Festival hours