KANSAS CITY BARBECUE SOCIETY (KCBS) BBQ COMPETITION
The KCBS is the largest sanctioning body in the world of BBQ, and they are back for the 5th year in Ottawa to bring this World Class BBQ Competition. Teams will be traveling from all over North America to fight for the title of Grand Champion.
We provide you with a spot, you bring your tents, BBQs, tables and all you need, including your Chicken, Ribs, Pork and Briskets.
We also like to have an additional category, and in Ottawa we’ve seen some fun categories over the years, including: Hot Dogs, Maple Syrup, Bananas, Pizza and Burgers. This year, we are going to add: DESSERT! After Brisket Turn Ins, Teams will be invited to submit a Dessert dish, at 2:00.
Rules for Desserts:
- Can be one dish, cut into 6 portions, or 6 individual portions, it’s up to you.
- Primary ingredient must be cooked onsite (cakes, cookies….)
- Open Box, Open Garnish
- Tray must no bigger than 12″ x 18″
- Remember that volunteers have to carry your tray, if you are too elaborate you run the risk of things falling…
- Be creative! This is your chance to really WOW the judges with a stunning display!
Two spot sizes: 20×20 for $300 or 20×40 for $350. WE HAVE LIMITED AMOUNTS OF EACH SIZE THIS YEAR!
Yes, we provide power, but it is only to be used for cookers, lights and times. NOT for A/C, Heaters, Induction Cookers, et cetera.
Turn Ins are on Sunday, starting at 12:00 PM, full schedule is listed below.
Full KCBS Rules can be found here.
- Chicken: The Pig’s Pajamas. WATERTOWN, NY
- Ribs: Smokin Hoggz, BOSTON
- Pork: Mean Moe’s BBQ, INNISFIL, ON
- Brisket: Wally BBQ, LEVIS, PQ
- Reserve Grand Champion: SmellaQue, CALGARY, AB
- Grand Champion: Pig’s Pajamas, WATERTOWN, NY
- Chicken: Shortsville Smokers, SHORTSVILLE, NY
- Ribs, Delivering Smoke, SOUTHERN ONTARIO
- Pork: Fat Tiger BBQ, QUEBEC CITY, PQ
- Brisket: Smokin Boys and Hot Grill, OTTAWA
- Reserve Grand Champion: True Smoke BBQ, ROCHESTER, MN
- Grand Champion: Shortsville Smokers, SHORTSVILLE, NY
- Chicken: Q’n Canucks, SOUTHERN ONTARIO
- Ribs: KC and the Smokeshack Band, NEW YORK
- Pork: McLay Brothers BBQ, SOUTHERN ONTARIO
- Brisket: Good Smoke BBQ, ROCHESTER, NY
- Reserve Grand Champion: Q’n. Canucks, SOUTHERN ONTARIO
- Grand Champion: Smokin Hoggz, BOSTON
- Chicken: Heavy D, SOUTHERN ONTARIO
- Ribs: Smokin Boys and Hot Grills, OTTAWA
- Pork: Blackstrap BBQ, MONTREAL
- Brisket: Hellfire BBQ, NEW YORK
- Reserve Grand Champion: Blackstrap BBQ, MONTREAL
- Grand Champion: Smokin Boys and Hot Grills, OTTAWA
KCBS COMPETITION SCHEDULE
|Saturday, May 23||6:00 PM||KCBS Cooks Meeting|
|Sunday, May 24||11:00 AM||KCBS Judges Meeting|
|Sunday, May 24||12:00 PM||Chicken Turn In|
|Sunday, May 24||12:30 PM||Ribs Turn In|
|Sunday, May 24||1:00 PM||Pork Turn In|
|Sunday, May 24||1:30 PM||Brisket Turn In|
|Sunday, May 24||2:00 PM||Dessert Turn In|
|Sunday, May 24||5:00 PM||Awards Ceremony|